Friday, May 1, 2009

Get Caught Reading

May is National Get Caught Reading month.

And I want to catch you reading!

I have decided to enter the blogosphere with my first give away! Along with each book set, I will also include a $10 Border's gift card.

Here's what's up for grabs:

To foster a love of mysteries--
a Nancy Drew Starter Kit.
Do you have a little girl and want to introduce her to the World's Greatest Girl Sleuth [Oh yes, I have a bias!]

16--count them 16! pristine hard back classic Nancy Drew's. Number's 1-6, 34-38 and 51-55.
[Never fear, my girls have these already!]



And for the more seasoned readers-- 3 gently used Amelia Peabody Mysteries. Set in the late 1900's, Amelia and her husband are archeologists in Egypt. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this series [I have a complete set] and anxiously await the latest.
Titles:
The Snake The Crocodile and the Dog
The Hippopotamus Pool
Seeing a Large Cat

So here's how we'll play-- leave a comment telling me what you are reading now [and I would love to hear if it is a good read or not!] and which book set you are interested in receiving. [you can play for one, or both] Mention my give away on your blog and sign Mr. Linky. I will choose random winners using Random.org and post the results next Friday! Good luck.

Can't wait to hear what is on your bedside table!

9 comments:

Heather said...

Right now I'm trying to catch up on magazines, which is not going well. I keep getting them in the mail.

I may just forget it and start in on the Boleyn Inheritance.

Nancy Drew once saved my mom's life. I'll tell you about it one day!

VG Marcel said...

I would love to give the nancy Drew boks to my granddaughter. She is now reading Ocean Life and I am reading Addition by Tony Jordan. (I am not that fond of it).
I have no blog.
Elisabet
liveleisurely {at} yahoo.com

Aik said...

I'm reading The Last Empress by Anchee Min right now. It's a great book and I srongly recommend you to read it.

I'd love to enter for the Amelia Peabody Mysteries. Thanks!

aikychien@yahoo.com

Princessliak said...

I am trying to start reading 3 Cups of Tea which I have heard nothing but good stuff about! It is just hard with a 9 month old to find the time to read!

Andi said...

I'd love those Nancy Drew books!
I just started reading El Juego del Angel by Carlos Ruiz Zafon.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't mind winning either set. I love to read. My daughter is only 21 months so she is not there yet...although she does have a great starter collection for when she gets there. As for me, I am reading...
The Scottish Ploy by Quinn Fawcett

Jami said...

I'm reading "Always Looking Up" by Michael J. Fox and loving every minute! If I win I would like the Amelia Peabody series. Thanks!

Life Is A SandCastle said...

Knights of the Rule, by Peter J. Frederick is my latest.

Love to win Nancy Drew.

I just loved the Nancey Drew collection growing up & every mystery book I could get my hands on.

mccullar07@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

I just finished a great book - The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. It's written as a series of letters - a style I usually don't care for - but if you can get past that, the story is really engrossing. A lot of history (during WWII, the Nazis occupied the Channel Islands), a little romance, a little mystery, and wonderful characters.